Thursday, June 24, 2010

What's going on here?

I've tried blogging before. Then I gave it up.

It was a great way to keep in touch with my friends and family when I was living abroad for while. That and Flickr. But my persistent online identity eventually got eaten up by facebook. (Sound familiar to anyone?) So I have plenty of ways to publish information about myself online.

This is going to be something different. I wanted to experiment with anonymity and I wanted to write a blog about ideas. I want these ideas to stand on their own; completely apart from my identity. That's not to say that there won't be posts that involve events from my life. This is still my blog and if this is to be a genuine expression of my ideas, then it's going to draw on who I am.

But this blog isn't about me. It's about the ideas.

And who knows? Maybe they'll even start a few conversations. (Over-used as I think that word is, I think it's appropriate this time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment